Tuesday 17 December 2013

OOTD // I love London at Christmas

Hello! Today I spontaneously popped into London with my friend Chris. Every year we go to London around Christmas time and realised that we hadn't yet been this year. Well today but a stop to that. Sure, it wasn't as exciting as last year (where we went to see pointless filmed and I was wearing a Christmas jumper and was asked to take it off and Alexander Armstrong compared me to a Chilean miner and I got a bigger clap than him when I walked on set) but it was still a lovely day!


 Coat - Wallis (last year)
Blouse - Topshop (old-ish)
Skort - Matalan (here)
Boots (not pictured) - Dr. Martens (here)



Overall I had a really lovely day! I haven't spent much time with Chris lately and it was lovely to catch up. We just had a cheeky cheeky nandos and headed to Leadenhall Market which (according to Chris) is where they filmed the Diagon Alley scenes in Harry Potter. Strangely, my dad has just told me that he was there today too for lunch - his work is about two minutes away apparently. 

We then headed over to Oxford Street and after what seemed like a wild goose chase I finally found my cropped burnout velvet crop top from Topshop. Chris loved it and so I had to buy it - it isn't often that he will compliment a piece of clothing so when he does you buy it! I then told Becky that I bought it and she told me her Mum had picked it up for her for Christmas. I had originally asked my Mum to pick it up for me and she refused. Well, a girl has got to do what a girl has got to do!

I think I may well have finally broken in my new Docs. I have had them for just under a month now and they are getting incredibly comfy. I wear them most days and whilst my parents hate them I do get quite a lot of compliments on them making me feel slightly less guilty for buying them considering they cost 1/3 of my rent for the month. Well...it was my birthday!

Lastly, how cute is Chris' kitten Henry? He's quite a little handful but so sweet. He was chasing his tail for a good 5 minutes or so.

I don't know what it is about London at Christmas but it is definitely more special at the end of the year. I think I just have a thing about Christmas lights, they make everything look so pretty. Anyway, I love London at Christmas and I doubt I will ever stop my tradition of going every year.

Rachael xoxo

p.s. I have felt like a lioness all evening. I took my hair out of its bun and it just went crazy. I like being a lioness.

No comments:

Post a Comment